Sunday, November 14, 2010

Swanky Fun!

Here are a few photos from yesterdays Swanky Junque Swap event!
If you weren't there, this is what you missed...

There were swanky friends eating swanky lunches.


There were swanky treats from Snickety Snacks.



There was loads of Swanky Junque. This is the desk that I brought along.


And this is the cute end table that Marian brought.

A beautiful French pillow and a gorgeous tray lot of intriguing items. I wanted both of these, but I drew number 10, so I didn't have a chance!


Everyone wanted this amazing vintage grocery scale. (I grabbed the Pyrex bowls)


We all ooohd and aaahd over this sewing box filled with crafty treasures.

And this basket filled with beautiful vintage linens, packed with care.

There were quite a few pieces of furniture with great lines, just begging for a little paint. There were more outside but I forgot to photograph them! duh!


I managed to snag this gorgeous framed egg print that Marian brought! Woohoo!!

After the swap, there was Swanky Shopping at Wild Rose & Co.


And even some Swanky Interviews! Here's Marian being interviewed by ivillage Correspondent Stephanie from Dial M for Minky and video taped by her husband Zach.

All and all it was an awesome day with some awesome people! We had a few last minute cancellations, but it was a nice little group and that made it easier to get to know everyone. I had such a great time with all of these women. We all yakked our heads off... no awkward pauses here! Everyone won a giveaway or 2 and we all took home some great junque! Fun, fun, fun!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, The Swanky Junque Swap was fabulous! It was a pleasure to meet you and all the other swanky people :) Thanks for your part in organizing this event. - (the other) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen!! It was great meeting you too, I really enjoyed getting to know you a bit and hearing about your lovely new home! Thanks so much for attending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! What a great way to get to know one another and walk away with special items.
    Love the pyrex bowls. They remind me of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog!!! I'm #100 follower!!! Everything on this post was beautiful:D
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mandy!! It's so nice to hit 100!! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete