Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cows are for Herding and for Kissing

welsh corgiEvery Spring the farm, behind our house, is home to a new set of Cows. Don't ask me what happens to them in the Fall.... I really don't want to go there. Anyway, it's always a big deal for my Corgi, Tucker, each year when the new Cows come.


welsh corgi with cowsAs you can see by his face, he couldn't be any happier!



pembroke welsh corgi with cowsHe's usually a little nervous in the beginning, checking back frequently to make sure I'm still there with him.


corgi herding cowsNow he's ready! Corgi's are herding dogs. Do you see how he's poised and ready to go? If only that darn fence wasn't in the way!


corgi kissing cowsAh well... time for plan B. A few kisses on the nose always makes for a nice greeting.

6 comments:

  1. He is so cute! When I take our Corgi (Lord Byron) to the park sometimes when he's running he will just stop and roll. I guess they do that because they are bred to be herding dogs someone told me....does your dog ever do that? Our dog has just about the same coloring as your but a little more sable colored. Keep the corgi pics coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carolee! Your Corgi sounds funny too!! Tucker usually only rolls outside when there is something on the ground that he thinks smells delightful, it's usually something really disgusting! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Karen for sharing all you do, I writing a little about you on my blog today, hope you don't mind. And I just found out that you have Corgis and I am THAT much more of a fan now! I love Corgis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Erin,
    Of course I don't mind!!! That's awesome, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete